Cataratas del Iguazú International Airport is important because it is located in a strategic point close to the international border with Brazil and Paraguay called Triple Frontera (Triple Border), and also because of its proximity to a national and international tourist site. It operates with domestic flights and international destinations in Paraguay and Spain.
Official Website: aa2000.com.ar
Number of Terminals - 1 - Open 24 hours a day.
Annual passenger traffic: 1.1 million passengers went through it in 2018.
Tel: +54 3757 421 996.
The airport is located 25 km (17 miles) southeast from downtown Puerto Iguazú.See Map
Counters are located in the Arrivals Hall.
Alamo (Tel +54 3757 420 214 / 421 764 - 9:00 am to 8:00 pm)
Avis (Tel +54 3757 424 125 / 1554 7592 - 8:00 am to 9:00 pm)
Hertz (Tel +54 3757 420 811 / 810 222 4378 - 7:00 am to 11:00 pm)
Iguazu Rent A Car (Tel +54 3757 420 387 / 464 640)
Wonder (Tel +54 3757 423 362)
The Aeropuertos VIP Club lounge is located across from gate 1 and is available from 7:00 am to 10:30 pm; the maximum stay is 3 hours and it offers TV, air conditioning, newspapers and magazines, telephones, Wi-Fi, computers, refreshments, drinks (access with Priority Pass, DragonPass or VIP Club membership, or by paying at the door - USD36.00).
- There is a coffee shop on the top floor.
- Stores selling regional products, jewellery, newspapers and magazines.
- For enquiries about missing luggage, contact the offices of the corresponding airline or the airport police (Tel +54 3757 420 618 ext. 777; e-mail: email@example.com).
- Four Tourist Travel (Tel +54 3757 422 743 / 420 681 / 301 031 / 1530 1023) makes trips from the airport to different tourist destinations and hotels in the area. Offices are located in the main hall of the Arrivals area.
- In the Arrivals Hall you can find desks to hire cabs from Asociación de Trabajadores de Taxis de Puerto Iguazú (Tel +54 3757 1555 8129) and remises (VIP taxis) operated by Remisses Aeropuerto (Tel +54 3757 1541 6101). Journey time to the city centre is about 15 minutes.
An uncovered parking area is available for short- and long-term stays. The first 15 minutes have no charge. Rates
There are access ramps, adapted telephones and toilets, and reserved parking spaces. Passengers requiring special assistance or wheelchairs should notify their airline about their needs prior to their arrival.
Latest updates: April 26, 2021